( I’ve got friends! )
Saturday, 27 September 2008
First Impressions: Marina Bay Street Circuit ∞
My first impressions of the new Singapore street circuit — hosting both its inaugural race and Formula 1’s first ever night race — after witnessing free practise 1 and 2 yesterday.
- Very dangerous pit exit.
- Favourite parts of the track so far — the wide Turn 23, the Tortoise chicane at Turn 10 and the Anderson Bridge.
- The lighting was great. Yet to see how it holds up in wet conditions.
- Bumpy track, and so bumpy that you get irritated just by watching the cars. Can only imagine what it must be like for the drivers.
- Most (if not all) drivers were using clear visors during free practise which meant you could see their eyes in the close up shots.
- On screen, the track looks great at night. However, I have a feeling it’ll look even better during the day because the brightness of the track lights shadows everything around it.
- Overhead and wide angle shots of the track were awesome but too few. The camera crew need to get a few more people up there because they sure are missing out on a lot of great views.
Let’s see who bags pole position tonight.